This module will cover scams of various kind and fraudulent behaviour in general that could affect you in your daily life. It will give you a set of examples of scams schemes and explain to you the mechanisms that make you vulnerable to fraudsters.
What you will learn
In this module, you will test your ability to recognise the red flags of potential frauds and misconducts by going through typical scenarios and practical examples of scam schemes. Since in real life it might be difficult to recognise scammers and people who want to take advantage of loopholes and weaknesses, these examples should give you some hints to help you avoid getting swindled in a variety of situations.
Pre-requisiteThis module has no prerequisite knowledge but a healthy curiosity and eye for details are an advantage!
- Introduction 00:01:00
- What you will learn 00:01:00
- Pre-requisite 00:01:00
- General tips for further reading 00:02:00
- The Fraudster Formula: what makes a scam successful? 00:07:00
- CASE 1: Booking a vacation in a new place 00:18:00
- CASE 2: Saving for your future plans 00:20:00
- CASE 3: Beware of the job 00:25:00
- CASE 4: Looking for a part-time job 00:18:00
- CASE 5: Watch out for the cheap trick 00:15:00
- Summary 00:02:00