What you will learnIn this module you will learn the time value of money, what a market is and how it determines prices through demand and supply, what inflation and deflation are and how they affect prices. Last, you will be introduced to a very special and important market: the market for risk.
Pre-requisiteThis module has no prerequisite knowledge. If you feel inspired to read and learn more, you’ll find some reading suggestions.
- Introduction 00:01:00
- What you will learn 00:01:00
- Pre-requisite 00:01:00
- General tips for further reading 00:02:00
- Time value of money 00:10:00
- Purchasing power, inflation and deflation 00:10:00
- Demand and supply 00:15:00
- Risk and return 00:20:00
- Brief overview of the main theories about the workings of financial markets 00:10:00
- Quiz – M1 00:05:00
- Comparing different payment streams 00:15:00
- Research at Eurostat 00:30:00